2016 Has been a Busy Year!
2016 has nearly come to an end, so we thought we would take a look back at what Hickory Dickory Designs has been up to this year!
- January 2016: Back to work after a lovely Christmas break and straight into developing our range of wine accessories. The festive wine glass charms were such a hit, we came up with some new designs and shapes ready for the warmer months and summer parties. The flamingo and gift tag motifs were particularity popular.
- March 2016: Spring is nearly in the air and we thought it was time to freshen up our website. We re-designed the entire thing and added new and fun imagery and text. We hope you all love it as much as we do!
- April 2016: Our initial letter birthday card has been flying off the shelves and so we decided to expand the initial letter range, creating different themes from a good luck card, get well soon and graduation design.
- May 2016: We expanded the Hickory Dickory Designs' network and joined Etsy! We also became part of Australian website 'Hard to Find' which opened up our sales to across the world.
- June 2016: The month to celebrate our Dads is here and we thought we would add some more products to our Father's Day collection. The freestanding wooden bottle was a quirky alternative to a traditional card.
And we started to come up with the idea for our wooden keepsake postcards ....and the first few designs were launched. This collection now boasts 24 different designs so there is an option for everyone!
- July 2016: Wedding season has arrived and we marked the occasion by creating a range of 'key to my heart' anniversary cards. Our entwined initial letter wedding card was a best seller, so we offered card and ribbon colour options for the first time.
- September 2016: We are always coming up with new ideas for product ranges and in September we launched our unique wooden ticket keepsakes. Made from luxurious cherry wood and engraved with your own personalised message for that extra special touch. They are a great card alternative for a celebratory occasion such as the birth of a new baby.
- September 2016: Hickory Dickory Designs' owner and director got her helmet and cycling shorts on and took part in a charity bike ride for Ovarian cancer charity 'Ovacome'. We have big collaboration plans coming next year with Ovacome so stay tuned!
- October 2016: A very exciting month! We launched our first ever charity collection, in collaboration with Sussex based 'Rockinghorse Children's Charity'. They are the official arm of the Royal Alex children's hospital and make a vital difference to the lives of sick children, fundraising to provide life saving equipment as well as support for families.
We were lucky enough to be invited to Rockinghorse's 50th anniversary celebration party at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton. You can read all about the evening here.
We hope to continue making money for the charity with our range. We donate all the profits from each product to Rockinghorse so keep supporting them!
We were even featured in Brighton newspaper 'The Argus' to help spread the word about our charity collaboration!
- November 2016: Christmas is rapidly approaching and we created lots of brand new items in different materials. The clear perspex was a newbie and has been very popular with our customers.
The top designs for 2016 include our new home bauble, 1st Christmas as Mr and Mrs perspex bauble and (my favourite) the 1st Christmas gingerbread man and woman, available in both birch plywood and clear perspex.
- December 2016: Hickory Dickory Designs hosted its first event! We held a local Brighton bloggers Christmas party to show our Christmas range of cards and decorations and had a lovely evening (sipping prosecco and eating mince pies) meeting the faces behind the blog. Read all about it on our blog post.
It was a great success and we can't wait to organise another do!
So, on the whole we have had a busy and productive year with a grand total of 143 new products created and added to our website! We re-designed our website, launched our first ever charity collection in collaboration with Sussex based Rockinghorse Children's Charity and got in the party spirit with our first bloggers event. We hope you have all had a brilliant 2016 and look forward to what 2017 brings.
We, at Hickory Dickory Designs, wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We will be back in January with new product ranges and ideas to share with you all.